Electrician for Help with Hurricane Harvey
If your home or business has been affected by Hurricane Harvey, the expert Houston electricians at Southern are available to provide service. We will work with you and your insurance company to restore your electrical system as soon as possible. Give us a call at 713-660-7344 or contact us online.
1. Stay away from any electrical system or wiring until you have had a licensed electrician verify it is de-energized.
2. All electrical wiring and apparatus that has been under water should be thoroughly inspected, cleaned and tested by a knowledgeable licensed electrical contractor, prior to energizing.
3. Meg test of wiring and motors may be required.
4. All GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) and AFCI (arc fault circuit interrupter) devices that went under water should be replaced.
5. All circuit breakers that have gone under water should be replaced.